Quor is committed to the safety and security of your personal information and data. When you provide personal
information to us, we are legally obligated to use it in line with the General Data Protection Regulation 2018 and all
other relevant data privacy laws. This privacy notice is to inform our customers how we and the companies we use
process and look after your personal data.
The data we collect is limited to information you provide to us that is necessary for entering into a contract with us and is collected with consent. We will always give you a choice in relation to how you prefer to be contacted by us, and you have a clear and simple option to withdraw your consent at any time.
It is important that you read this policy, together with any updates we maymake on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal information about you, so that you are aware of how and why we are using such information.
Our core beliefs regarding your privacy and data protection:
Our website’s compliance with the above legislation, all of which are rigorous in nature, means that our website is more than likely to be compliant with the user privacy legislation and data protection set out by many other countries. If you are not sure about whether our site is compliant with your own country of residences’ specific data protection and user privacy legislation you should contact our Data Protection Officer for further information. Details can be found below.Who we are:
|Purpose / Activity
|Lawful basis for data processing
|To allow us to perform our contract with you.
|Performance of a contract.
|To enable us with our legal obligations.
|Compliance with a legal obligation.
|To speak with a potential customer following a new enquiry.
|Necessary for our legitimate interests for running our business.
|To provide and maintain our service, including account management
|Necessary for our legitimate interests for running our business
|Necessary to comply with a legal obligation. Consent. Legitimate interest.
|To deliver marketing communications and emails.
|Necessary for our legitimate interests for running our business.
|To manage your requests.
|Necessary for our legitimate interests for running our business. Consent.
If you are an account user, we will also retain the password and username you select when you create an account. In
this instance, we may use your email address for such purposes as to send a password reminder or notification of
service change or outage. Your personal information may be retained on our systems for historical, statistical or
Consent to use your details to contact you will never be implied, we will always directly ask for your permission to do this.
Personal data will be collected only if you allow us to. Our customers are always given the clear choice to opt in with regards to the collection of personal data. Any data that we collect is used solely by Quor. Data is only collected for the purpose of serving our customers and contacting them in relation to the contract they have entered, or the request for information they have made. Personal data is only processed for the purpose that it was originally collected.
Third party data processors:
Quor will never share any personal information with any third party that is not deemed essential by us for the provision of our software and the performance of our contract. Any third-party processor that we use is compliant with the GDPR and has a trusted relationship with Quor.
Contact forms and email links:
Should our customers choose to get in touch using the enquiry form on our website, none of the data that is supplied will be stored by our website. Instead the data will be collated into an email and sent to us over the Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP). Our SMTP servers are protected by Transport Layer Security (TLS), meaning that the email content is encrypted before being sent across the internet. The email content is decrypted by our local computers and devices. Personally identifiable Information collected may include your name, email address and contact phone number. We may use your email address or phone number to contact you in response to your enquiry. This phone call will be made only to discuss the product that you have requested more information for.
This is how Quor will use your data:
The data we collect is used solely for the performance of the contract you have entered in to. Quor will not share your information for marketing purposes with any other company.
How we use particularly sensitive information:
Quor does not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
Our policy towards children:
Because of the products and services that we offer, we will not knowingly engage with any customer or potential customer that is not 18 years or older.
Change of Purpose:
We will only use your personal information for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If we need to use your personal information for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal information without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
How long we retain your data:
Quor retains personal data for as long as necessary to provide our services, or for other essential purposes such as complying with our legal obligations and resolving disputes and enforcing our agreements. Actual periods of retention can vary significantly for different types of data, given the circumstances. No purpose in this policy will require us keeping your personal information for longer than 2 years. Quor will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
How Quor protects your information:
Because the data we hold about you is your data, you have the following rights in respect of the personal data we hold about you:
1) Right to be Informed – Your right to be informed is carried out through this notice.
2) Right to Access – This means that you can ask us for a copy of all personal data we hold about you. This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it. There will not be a charge for this request, unless requests are deemed excessive in nature. Requests for access will be completed within one month from receiving the request.
3) Right to Rectification – Given the nature of self storage, it is commonplace that our customers contact details change during the length of a contract with us. if you believe that any of the information we hold about you is incorrect or out of date, you have the right to correct such information by providing us with the correct up to date information. In addition, you can ask us to delete the incorrect or out of date information and we will be happy to do so unless we are prevented from doing so by law or regulation.
4) Right to be Forgotten – This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. Please note that where we are obliged to keep your personal data because of a regulatory or legal requirement, we will not be able to delete the data and must continue to retain it.
5) Right to Restrict Processing – In some limited circumstances you have the right to restrict the processing of your data.
6) Right of Objection – You have the right to object to us using your data for direct marketing purposes and to profiling.
7) Right of Data Portability – You have the right to request a copy of the personal data we hold about you in a commonly used and machine readable format. We can provide your data either to you or to a third party as you specify in your request.
8) Automated Decision Making Objection Right – Automated decision making is where a decision is made entirely by technological means without human intervention. Quor doesn’t use or rely on automated decision-making system.
If you would like to exercise any of the above rights, please contact (preferably in writing) our Data Protection Officer using the contact details above.
Right to complain:
If you have any concerns about our handling of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’sOffice (ICO) by visiting https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or telephoning the ICO helpline on 0303 123 1113.